Complete List of Argumentative Essay Topics
July 17, 2017>
One can find almost everything on the Internet. The only problem is that useful information is usually presented in parts on different webpages, and in order to have a complete picture you need to surf the web for hours gathering the data by pieces from the different resources. This is why we decided to spare your time and introduce the collection of the best argumentative essay topics. Now, you can just check this article from time to time and choose the theme that will suit you best. Even if none of them will interest you, you will definitely get more useful information and inspiration for your future work.
From the personal experience, we all can agree that good ideas for argumentative essays are easy to find when you do not actually need them. For example, it can be that a few days ago you were so inspired by your neighbors’ garden that were absolutely ready to write a whole dissertation on nature protection, but now, as you need to work on some particular assignment, you face a blank page having no clue what to write about. Therefore, let us do our best to get out of this deadlock together and check the interesting ideas to write an argumentative essay on. In this article, we tried our best to put together some of the most interesting and catching themes for your convenience.
Top Argumentative Essay Topics
Unfortunately, when it comes to writing papers on different assignments, there is no perfect list of all the tips and options. It is a rare occasion when one just opens an article on the Internet and writes a successful paper according to the pieces of advice stated there. In most cases, it is always better to create a unique strategy and develop the project according to it. Developing the strategy is not as difficult as it seems at the first sight. It is necessary to concentrate, to have an adequate look on your skills, check the information you already know and check if you are able to access additional materials and sources if needed. When all these steps are completed, you are ready to proceed to the main part of your project, and our article will surely be of good help.
Firstly, let us point out the purpose that stands behind argumentative essay papers. It can be rather simply understood just from the name of this very assignment. The main purpose is to evoke the discussion and persuade the future reader that your position is undoubtedly correct and that your arguments are invincible. Even if the ideas for your future project seem to be contradictory, do not be afraid to give them a chance and try some superficial research. Sometimes, vague ideas can provide a lot of room for research, as they were most probably not taken into account earlier by the other researchers.
If you have decided that your paper should have an outstanding theme, you will inevitably face the process of looking for the argumentative essay topic ideas, which is very likely to be extremely time-consuming. Unfortunately, you will have to go through the subjects you have no interest in, and might, at some point, feel as the perfect theme does not exist. Nevertheless, the process will definitely help you gather your thoughts, and you will eventually find something worthy of writing on.
High School Argumentative Essay Topics
Position essays are very common in high school. The time when we all are full of extraordinary ideas is surely the school time. In this age, everyone wants to change the world and even knows how to do it. This is why the argumentative essay topics for kids and pupils are always thought-provoking and extremely intriguing. The most popular subjects for this academic level are sports, media, modern technologies, arts, and education. Moreover, as usual, the main criteria while choosing the topic is one’s personal attitude, because if you do not like the theme, your audience is likely not to either. The sufficient level of knowledge is also paramount since without an adequate experience your arguments will seem vague and uncertain. Therefore, here are some popular argumentative essay topics for pupils and kids:
- Do the social networks have a negative influence on our relations with friends and family?
- What personal experiences are not discussed with parents and why?
- Can a video games addiction become a profession?
- Do you believe in friendship between men and women?
- How did the role of marriage change within the last 20 years? What are the reasons for this change?
- Do we need a practice of teachers being graded by pupils?
- How should the bullying in school issue be resolved?
When the work on your paper is already in process, keep in mind that you should be ready for the future discussion. There will be people in the audience who would disagree with your arguments, and it will most probably lead to debate. Therefore, you should be ready to not only present your position but also support and defend it with the help of the solid facts.
Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students
Position papers are the most frequent college assignments in comparison to the other ones. Every time one needs to complete such tasks, the most important step is to choose a controversial topic as it should provoke the debate within your future audience and make them dispute it. Do not be afraid to choose the field, which has not been presented by your groupmates before. Usually, fresh themes are the most interesting ones to discuss, though, for some reason, pupils hesitate and prefer the already tested materials. Therefore, let us have a look at the college level argumentative essay topics:
- Have social networks ever made you feel frustrated? Why?
- The importance of the education level for getting married.
- When should one start living separately from parents?
- Should the alternative medicine be covered by insurance?
- Why are young people so obsessed with media?
- What writer would you like to have a conversation with?
- Does humanity need an eternal life?
Searching for the argumentative essay ideas for college do not forget that the chosen theme should appeal to you in the first place. Do your best not to copy the statements you find in the Internet but get a feel of a particular issue and try to understand what your own position regarding it is. Do not be confused in case your attitude is not the “popular” one at the moment because maybe, it is you who will introduce the new idea and change the way the certain issue is perceived.
University Argumentative Essay Topics
The level of responsibility regarding the choice of the qualitative topic rises while working on the project at the university. Here, it is utterly important to choose a serious and weighty topic, which will require a lot of research and investigation. Moreover, now you will need to find academic argumentative essay topics in order to prove your academic level and present all the acquired skills. Therefore, let us have a look at the examples of such themes:
- In what cases should the death penalty be implemented?
- By what means can the alcohol and drugs addictions be reduced?
- Will the legalization of drugs really decrease drugs addiction?
- Why are animal products considered food for people?
- What are the limits of Internet freedom?
- Should the abortion be a personal decision?
- Does the notion of privacy exist in the modern society?
One of the tips on how to get the attention of your audience is to choose an emotional topic. In most cases, the theme, which involves emotional experience, is more appreciated by the audience in comparison to the dry facts. The importance of the relative facts cannot be overrated, but when they do not evoke emotions in your audience, your success rate drops tremendously.
Business Argumentative Essay Topics
Finally, here is one of those spheres which requires the most attentive and careful approach. This is where it is important to work really hard because your prestige and sometimes position can depend on the projects you complete. This is why before starting your work, it is a must to check whether it is possible to gather all the necessary data and finish the assignment within the deadline. Here is the list of good topics for an argumentative essay on business that may inspire you for your own brilliant idea:
- Should the employees write resumes if personal interviews have the crucial meaning?
- Is contributing to charity one of the ways to make the small business successful?
- In what time are we going to be completely conquered by Chinese market?
- Is it possible to have a successful business without social media marketing?
- Should the common marketing be forgotten in favor of social media marketing?
- Should we stop using cash due to the approaching ecological catastrophe?
- What are the reasons behind the “Apple rush?”
Working hard on your position paper will benefit you later, as the acquired skills will definitely be required in the future career. Successful business and partnership flourish when you are familiar with the art of getting the right arguments. Therefore, the development of your argumentative thinking will not only award you with a high grade for your paper but also help you to succeed in the real world while working on the resolution of the real issues.
How to Write Argumentative Essay Topics?
In case all the options stated above do not suit your interests completely, or you already have the idea that you would like to turn into a flawless project, little tips for writing an argumentative essay undoubtedly will make the creation process much easier:
- All the possible arguments regarding abortion or death penalty were most probably already used, so while working on these subjects, make sure to state your own, fresh arguments.
- Surely, it is always preferable to look for something extraordinary and “mainstream,” however, you definitely need to be proficient in the chosen sphere. In another case, it would be better to choose something simple within your specialty and complement it with original and unique ideas. Therefore, after finding some good topics to write an argumentative essay on, be sure to sort them out to determine which ones you can discuss confidently.
- Make sure not to use the statement that all your audience will most probably agree on. It is an easy but not a successful path. The purpose of this paper in to make the audience argue your statements. The more disputes your work awakes, the higher is its quality.
- Do not be afraid to choose short argumentative essay topics. They always catch an eye of the reader and are easy to expand as well as dwell on later.
- While working on any assignments, do not forget to take into account your future audience and their interests. Different argumentative essay topics will not be accepted in the same way by different groups of people.
Try to face your assignment as an interesting journey rather than an unbearable burden. In most cases, it is your attitude that decides the destiny of your work. Just try imagining yourself as the famous writer or influential journalist, and your inspiration will do most of the work for you. You will not even notice how the hours of research pass, as you will be too absorbed with the new interesting facts that you find in the process.
Help with Topic Ideas for an Argumentative Essay
The success of the future project mostly depends on the chosen theme. If the choice was good, the result is also likely to satisfy your expectations. In case one chooses the topic, which is rather weak and not persuasive enough, the successful fate of the whole work will be in danger.
The work on every project definitely requires a lot of knowledge and skills. In addition, argumentative essay writing topics should always be thoroughly researched and double-checked. It is surprising how even the most nicely completed paper can be ruined by the wrong topic.
If you are not sure what you should start with, and your deadline is flying away, do not panic and let the experienced writers assist you with the task. Our team of professional writers is always ready to help you with this troublesome investigation and complete your assignment according to the various requirements. Since we are reachable 24/7, even if you are facing a pressing deadline or challenging task, we will be glad to provide the necessary assistance and cover your back.
Category: Essay paper writing
If you're a student of the English 101 class or any similar course, you have most probably faced tons of writing assignments. They drive most students mad. School students feel less pressure than college and university peers. Higher academic levels require higher knowledge and broader set of skills. That is why students from colleges receive more complicated assignments. The topics become more complex.
Usually, the teachers or professors assign the topics on their own. However, sometimes students have a right to pick their own questions for discussion.
An argumentative essay is that type of academic papers which requires three set if skills from each student:
- Research skills
- Reading and writing
When you experience difficulties with at least one of the listed skills, it is better to hire professional assistance from one of that numerous, trusted websites. In any case, try to compose an essay on your own without any help. You may use various examples available on the internet for free.
Remember: argumentative tasks are assigned to maintain debating abilities. This sort of task impacts how well a student will give speeches in public or simply defend his point of view in the future.
How to Choose Negotiable Argumentative Topics Wisely
Many students feel relaxed when their tutors come up with the topic ideas. Still, it is better to have a freedom of choice as far as you can pick the issue which interests you. It is possible to choose an interesting topic from any field of science. While working on the argumentative paper, a student must gather all relevant and time-tested sources to show his awareness of the particular problem. Students should use some of the following credible resources:
- Their class textbooks
- Various published editions
- Academic journals
- Laws and regulations
You may be an expert in the selected area, but always remember to add quotes from the external sources. This way, students prove that they can gather and choose sources with the most quality information on the given topic. Moreover, in-text citations will show your awareness of the different papers formats. Formatting is one of the steps on the way to your desired grade. Whenever you have any doubts concerning the topic to write your argumentative essay on, contact online specialists who are selling cheap custom argumentative essays on any topics in the world. They know how to make your essay stand out from the rest of the papers.
Grab Your Stunning Essay
Top Recommended Argumentative Essay Topics
Simple Argumentative Essay Topics
- The complexity of the US educational system
- The problem of obesity among American population
- Free access to the internet is one of the biggest threats to education
- Men should have a right to make decisions on their own whether to join the war or not
- College curriculum should be changed with respect to students’ preferences
- The advantages of higher education
- Which languages are the most widespread and demanded nowadays?
- Is Spanish really the simplest language to study?
- MBA: pros and cons of studying business
- Can we say about an educational system that it is too commercialized?
- Why are Michigan, SAT, and ACT results important?
Sports Related Subjects
- Are steroids helping or destroying our body?
- PE lessons in the educational system.
- NCAA: advantages and disadvantages
- What is the highest achievement in sport?
- Is Mike Tyson still a superstar?
Argumentative Paper Topics for Young Students
- Is there a strong correlation between regular training, meals, and overall health condition?
- Are diets as effective as they are told?
- The negative consequences of the anorexia fashion.
- Why should people dedicate more time to sleep?
- Is it still cool to play golf?
- Is swimming the only sport that keeps fit all human body muscles?
- Skiing and other risky sports.
- Children should not watch horror films.
College Argumentative Essay Topics
- It is illegal to produce and sell tobacco
- 25 years of prison instead of the death sentence
- Passive smokers suffer more than active
- Can alcohol completely destroy human brain?
- The government should forbid alcohol sales after 10 P.M.
- Are non-alcoholic energetic drinks dangerous?
- Does TV have a right to document every court proceeding?
- When can people start voting?
- The most appropriate age to start smoking or using alcohol.
- Is there justice for social minorities?
- Was the Industrial Revolution spread all over Europe?
Classical Argumentative Ideas
- The government must forbid the usage of species of animals in research
- Government must punish each citizen who does harm to the environment
- Are electric vehicles the best solution the problem of pollution?
- Globalization: for and against
- Why do people say that Wilson actually lost the war?
- The strong aspects of Roosevelt reign
- Was King-Kong right killing humans who came to investigate his land?
- Are the US really under the threat of disappearing from the map?
- The consequences of tornado
- Tsunami and its sacrifices
- How can people protect the nature of Amazonia?
- Are there any true Indians left on the territory of America?
Controversial Argumentative Topics
- How to overcome the risk of the Third World War?
- Is there a chance that financial crisis will stop?
- More schools should become public and free
- Top colleges and universities should raise their acceptance rates
- Everyone has a right to free education
- The right way to implement gun control and other preventing measures
- Same-sex marriages and their impact on the society
- High level of corruption is one of the causes of low wages
- Is there a way to be above the law?
- Communism is not that bad
- Is CIS the best replacement of the USSR?
Technological Argumentative Essay Topics
- Computer games like shooters caused mass murders at the US schools
- Are many modern people lonely due to the existing technology?
- Filthy language on the web
- The age of technologies turns us into zombies
- The usage of smartphones leads to less live communication
- Technology and its influence on educational system
- When will the rapid technological advancement stop?
Argumentative Essay Related to Social Media
- Is technology restricting human imagination?
- Threats of having accounts in social networks like Facebook
- The modern world depends on the Internet heavily
- Can virtual relationships exist?
- Is online censorship critical for the Internet users?
Fifth & Sixth Grade Argumentative Essay
- Healthcare: any treatment must be free
- People are all kind by their nature
- The working hours must be reduced to let people dedicate more time to their families
- The wages should go up in the United States
- Governments must invest more in the social movements
- Parents cannot interrupt too much in the lives of their kids
- Spy applications do really work
- Cloning is not legal
- Every woman has a right to decide on her own regarding abortion
- Is it OK for a woman to date a much younger man?
- Cross-cultural marriages positively impact the racial tolerance
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Is online dating safe enough?
Humorous & Joking Argument Topics
- Would Superman find his place in a real world?
- Why do Ninja Turtles love pizza?
- Who should portray April in TNMT movie?
- 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D: When Will It Ever Stop?
- Can the chip fully control our brains and actions?
- The jokes of Peter Griffin make Family Guy the best TV show ever
- Why are humans in Simpsons yellow?
- Marijuana does no real harm to human health
- How to make parents softer with their children?
Music + Art + Cinematography Argumentative Essay Topics
- Can you earn enough money on art?
- Music and films are better than painting
- Which type of art is the most popular in Europe?
- Can you earn sufficient amount of money being an artist?
- Are today's lyrics making any sense?
- Heavy metal makes more sense than hip-hop
- Modern movies are worse than they used to be in the middle of 20th century
- Kurt Cobain did not kill himself
Download More Argumentative Paper Examples Online
Helpful Tips & Common Features of the Good Topic Ideas
If you want every reader to enjoy your writing and make it to the end, here is what you should do:
- Select an idea that everybody is talking about today. Consider rumors, facts, interesting stories, etc.
- Pick a problem which makes the majority of people have doubts.
- Try to select the audience which denies your point of view.
- Choose the topic on which everybody has a unique thought.
- Come up with a topic which relates to your own
We Have Collected the Most Useful Hints and Prompts Based on the Successful Argumentative Essays:
- Avoid choosing obvious argumentative essay topics!
- Never pick an issue that does not have any arguments. Ignore topics that are too trivial.
- A persuasive paper has to concentrate on the problem discussed by centuries. It may even lead to the international conflicts, but people will go on discussing it.
- Issues connected with the politics (e.g. US government or elections) are always great.
- Feel free to pick the topic associated with the modern college standards that do annoy most of the students. It may stimulate your peers to argue with your tutors, but that is what argumentative essay is all about!
- Avoid topics that people usually agree on without any hesitations.
- Try not to choose any topics related to the sensitive aspects of our life such as religion, gender, nationality, etc.
- Follow MLA or APA format as there are many examples on the web.
- Always pay attention to what other people say about your chosen theme.
You may notice that the process is almost always the same. The main purpose is to select the most inspiring argumentative essay topics to have an impact you expect. The goal is to satisfy your target audience, no matter whether it's your teacher or classmates. Pretend that you compete to receive the highest award in some contest. Here, A grade is your most wanted prize. Each time you demand quick assistance with your task, contact online expert writing service which can prepare an argumentative essay on the topic you like. They will do it pretty fast.
What about the Structure?
Every academic paper has its own structure. The argumentative essay involves the following stages:
- Broad primary and secondary research
- Collecting sources
- Choosing the most trusted and latest sources
- Preparing a draft
- Writing your paper
- Proofreading & Editing
- Double-checking all mistakes
As for the organization of the final essay, it is recommended to use a 5-paragraph structure. Develop an outline and keep to it. Your unique ideas must flow in this way:
- Introduction. Include some interesting facts, add a quote, joke, or find another way to attract the reader from the very beginning. Then, create a powerful thesis statement.
- First body paragraph. Begin with your argument number one. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Second body paragraph. Write down your argument number two. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Third body paragraph. Write down your argument number three. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Conclusion. It is the last paragraph of your entire essay. Restate your thesis which is the last sentence of your introduction. Prepare a brief review of the main points. Add Call-to-Action in the last sentence.
- Bibliography. List all of the applied sources.
Is't it easy to choose, prepare a draft, write, and proofread? Save your best argumentative essays to use them in your future career.
When you have no wish to work on your argumentative paper or any other academic assignments, keep in mind that there are professional online writers capable of completing the task of any difficulty level. They are 24/7 available to help the students of the English-speaking world with their academic troubles. Raise your performance and productivity by ordering an exclusive argumentative paper from the top US and UK writers!
Require academic assistance? – Get it right here and right now!